Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Faces of Cusco

While we were in Cusco, we had many, many opportunities to shop -- the vendors came to you (repeatedly).  They would read our name tags (which we are asked to wear at all times) and would say "Hey Susan, remember me, you promised to look at my paintings" - or gourds, or dolls, or jewelry.  Also, children are dressed in colorful local clothing and will pose with their pets or sing a song for a "propina" (tip).  






It was great fun.  And fortunate for me, because I forgot my sun hat at the hotel in Lima and I was able to purchase one from one of the vendors at the airport.


Susan without hat -- oops! Forgot it at Lima hotel


Susan with cool Macchu Picchu hat - on bus from Cusco airport

Lovely lady selling Macchu Picchu hats for $10...


No comments:

Post a Comment